Dr.Mustafa Mastoor Minister of Economy on Population Dynamic in Afghanistan side meeting-Geneva Conference on Afghanistan November 28,2018

Dr.Mustafa Mastoor Minister of Economy on Population Dynamic in Afghanistan side meeting - Geneva Conference on Afghanistan November 28, 2018: 

:“The population structure need a careful long term planning /and as early as possible./ I.e the 48% of population that are below 14 years of age are at School or pre school age. /Planning for Their higher education, job, retirement are all very important and from now.

When we are talking about jobs, let’s look to the related figures. /our population in the working age is approx 16 million/. While currently the labor force participation rate (the % of population either employed or actively looking for job)is only 54%./ (8.5 million that 6.4 of them men). but unfortunately we seldom talk about the rest of 46% .Those who are economically inactive/ and the majority of them are women house-takers/ and do not come out of their houses or communities to participate in economic activities./ Ignoring this big but very important portion of the population has seriously affected our poverty profile and economy.”