Regional Development Directorate (RDD) one of directorates of Ministry of Economy which is working under supervision of Deputy Minister for Policy and Technical, RRD responsibilities are focus into two areas first coordination and monitoring the financial support for Small Development Projects (SDPs) to facilitate people access to financial support for small development initiative, second regional economic cooperation at Afghanistan and regional level.
The SDPs are implementing in 34 provinces of Afghanistan by MoPH, MoE, MRRD, MoHE, MoPW, MoEW, MAIL, MoWA, MoLSAMD, MoRRA, MoIC, IDLG, DoPES and ACB.
RDD started the process for the studies and collecting data to develop proposal for the regional economic cooperation forums, organizations and government administrations to gain from the available opportunities at regional level extend the roles of Afghanistan at this level.
To contribute on reduction of poverty and facilitate equal distribution of resources for development among the developed, less developed and boarder’s areas through encourage social and economic development gain from regional economic development opportunities.
- Social and economic situational analysis and fund rising to response for those needs.
- Design, planning, monitoring, leading and controlling the financial resources for SDPs in 34 provinces of Afghanistan.
- Leading the Indian financial support under 20 and 100 million USD assistance for small development projects.
- Transfer people financial needs to be considered under government plan which not eligible under SDPs scheme.
- Seeking economic growth and development opportunities available at regional level with close coordination of foreign relation directorate.
1- Review and analysis of new proposed projects from ministries and organizations for small development projects.
2- Coordinate the approval process of proposed projects for donor approval and tripartite agreement between
implementing agencies, ministry of economy and embassy of India.
3- Monitoring and collaborate the projects planning, procurement and implementation and closing of the projects.
4- Projects financial management with collaboration of implementing agencies and ministry of finance.
5- Develops analytical report about the available opportunities for regional economic development.
6- Coordination and collaboration with other organization which active at regional level on economic development sphere.
7- Looking for best experiences economic and social development at the regional levels.